Mui Ne, Vietnam
Mui Ne is the land of sand dunes and beautiful beaches! It was a cool stop in between Da Lat and Ho Chi Minh with a massive change in scenery from anywhere else I visited in Vietnam. The amazing backpacker resort we stayed at was equipped with a pool, bar and a restaurant and was by far the place to be!
We arrived on the bumpiest, most crowded bus in the whole world, but made it in one piece. The journey from Da Lat was five to six hours depending on how many drop offs the driver does. Once we checked into the Mui Ne Backpacker Village we jumped right into the pool. I recommend staying here to socialize with fellow travelers. The rooms are huge and air conditioned and the pool area is perfect. It is situated right on the coast and only costs $7 per night.
We had a full day of adventure the next day. We rented motorbikes and took off down the coast for about forty five minutes to hour until we reached the white sand dunes. These sand dunes were unreal. You could rent quads for $15 to drive up and down the hills of lush sand for an hour. You are most likely going to get stuck so I recommend getting your own quad and mucking around.
Things to do:
- Visit the red and white sand dunes - rent a quad and get wild with it!
- Rent a motorbike to explore the surrounding areas.
- Deja Vu Mui Ne is a great place for cocktails and nightly shows.
- Visit the beaches in Mui Ne.
- Pogo Beach Bar and Restaurant for nightlife and dancing.
- Dragon Beach Bar for cocktails and nightlife.
Where you should eat:
- El Latino: We enjoyed a nice meal at the mexican restaurant near the Mui Ne Backpacker Village.
- The Bar: Great place for delicious eats!
- Lam Tong Restaurant: Eat with your toes in the sand! A great spot for big and small parties for Vietnamese cuisine.
- Quan Bi Bo: Typical Vietnamese cuisine on plastic chairs, but good food at a decent price!
Enjoy Mui Ne and all the beautiful sites to see!